British Israelite scholars believe the Swedish Gadites are from Gad’s son Haggi/Chaggi due to the linguistic and phonetic parallels, as well as many Viking names made such with such letters and sounds. Who can forget the Sunday comic strip “Hagar the Horrible”? And because of the German-Swedish connection it is believed a portion of the Goths are made up of Gad and Reuben. Goths are said to Gad because holem which makes the sound of “a” in Hebrew was rendered in English as an “o” and the “d” was pronounced as a “th” and thus the transformation of Gad to Goth.
The French Huguenots from Hugo are believed to be the sons of Haggi as well, like Jews the Huguenots suffered great persecution, expulsion and massacre.
Gad’s son Shuni has also been a candidate for the Swedish Gadites. Apparently the Swedish-Goths (Gautland) allies were Svea which in Latin is Suiones. Suiones is similar to the Hebrew Shuni whose name in the time of the Judges (12:6) may have been pronounced as Suoni.
Another son of Gad to be in the Scandinavia area is said to be Arodi, because the Aorsi people from north of the Caucasus.
The Harudi from Denmark are believed to be the son of Arodi and the Eruli (Harules) to be Arelis sons.
To break it down, here are the sons of Gad according to British Israelitism:
· Haggi/Chauci = Hugi Franks and the English Hocings as well as Yinglings of Sweden, Huguenots, Cauci of Iceland.
· Eri (Geri) = Grani and Greotingl and Goths of Sweden.
· Shuni = Suiones of Sweden.
· Arodi = The Hreadgoths and Harudi.
· Areli = The Eruli or Herules.
· Ezbon/Ozni = West Germans also known as Frankish Germans. Bastarnae, the Gothic Galatians who went to France. Asting, Hastings from the Vandal group who invaded England and Scotland.
· Ziphon = Thaifalli, the Gothic allies from Scythia that went to France.